Thursday, May 23, 2013

At Terra Manna Once More

Going to Terra Manna becomes a monthly pilgrimage to respite from the often tedious city life. Yesterday, I arrived rather late with the last of daylights brushing the sky and the sea. Solitude engulfed the strait—no running motorboats, no single wave in sight. The sea was a clean, ironed colorful sheet. It was six twenty in the evening, the time I had to wake up someone from the other side of the world with this sight in front of me, a scene of fleeting solitude. 


This was an April sundown. While my fellow travel bloggers took refuge at the platform, I scoured the sea shore with a machete, sieve, and err camera. An unlikely combination I know, but the setting sun and the locals sawaki-hunting were perfect combination for a dramatic sunset photos. I braced myself for possible moments while trying to find that huge cockles. (You might want to read the entry here.)


Negros ranges, setting sun, and a lone sawaki-hunter were stunning feasts for Pawlito, a Nikon 3100 with 200mm. This was the scene I left before my ten-day trip to northern Luzon.


He only had a bit of a catch. Waves reached even the shallowest parts, rendering the water murky and making the sea urchins unnoticeable even to the keenest eyes.


Waves left their presence on the sand. With the setting sun, the shore looked exotic.


From a haze of oranges, the horizon turned into a festival of colors.


Since I arrived late, I did my usual round of walking this morning and found little changes like this adorable. It is at the bar.


It might be weird, but cogon is my favorite flower: it is wild, delicate, erotic. My alter ego. ;)


Before taking a dip with Arrietty, a Sony TF1, several fishermen passed by. It was rare to see a lot of them at once moving to the same direction.

A separate album will be uploaded for the changes found at Terra Manna Camping & Resort.

I shoot for resorts, prenuptials, and events. For collaborations, commissioned jobs, and inquiries, email me at backpackingwithabook[at]gmail[dot]com.

No comments:

Post a Comment